Hear the latest updates for landlords regarding COVID-19 followed by a question and answer session.
Attorney Dennis Block discusses the "Tenant Relief Act" and its effect on income properties owners.
1. The new legal requirements in dealing with your delinquent tenants.
2. The required forms that must be served.
3. What eviction actions can be brought at this time.
4. How to collect your lost rent.
Assembly Bill 3088 dramatically changes the way landlords can demand rent. A 15 Day Notice to Pay Rent is now required.
What cases can proceed to eviction at this time.
What are the requirements for serving a Notice to Pay rent or Quit.
When will the moratorium on eviction cases finally end.
Attorney Dennis Block teams up with Realtor and Apartment Broker & Expert, Derrick Ruiz to discuss your rights and obligations when your tenants withhold rent due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Derrick's Contact Information:
The California Judicial Council puts a halt to almost all evictions. Learn why this is an assault on income property owners and constitutes a taking of your property rights.
This is a seminar I gave for Kris German, The Apartment Dealer. I give my thoughts on how the pandemic will affect landlords and strategies regarding Statewide Rent Control.
Hear an interview with Matt Levin of Cal Matters. Cal Matters is a public interest journalism venture covering Calif. state politics and government. The issue discussed was whether evictions should be filed at this time, in light of the pandemic.
Attorney Dennis Block is interviewed by Kristopher German of the "The Apartment Dealer" Re/Max Commercial Division in regard to avoiding mistakes in the eviction process.
Dan Faller, President of the Apartment Owners Association, and Dennis Block have a detailed discussion on the spread of tenant welfare.
Dennis Block appeared on the John & Ken Show on KFI Radio. This broadcast aired on November 1, 2019. The discussion centered on the newly enacted Statewide Rent Control.
1. The Impact of Statewide Rent Control
2. Strategies To Obtain Market Rent Under Statewide Rent Control
3. What Steps should Be Taken Prior To Leasing A Unit
4. Items That Must Be Contained In Your Lease Agreement
5. Change Of Ownership Requirements
6. The Unlawful Detainer Process
7. Rent Control Notice Must Be Posted On The Property
8. Service Of The Rent Registration Certificate
9. New Requirements To Serve A 3 Day Notice
10. Items Required In A 3 Day Notice To Quit
11. Keep Accurate Rental Records
12. When Does A 3 Day Notice Expire
Update-You cannot serve a 60 day notice on property subject to Statewide Rent Control after Oct. 31, 2019
This seminar was sponsored by the Apartment Owners Association. It is a detailed presentation of the things you can do achieve a successful outcome in small claims court.
Introducing My New Co-Host, Ryan Block
1. Judge's Bias
2. Advocating for Landlord Rights
3. New Laws Regarding Airbnb
4. Laundry Leases
5. Reimbursement for Soft Retro-Fitting
6. New Rules for a 3 Day Notice in Unincorporated LA County
7. Ellis Act- The Ultimate Rent Control Solution
1. The New Laws and How They Impact Landlords
2. Rent Control Spreading to Unincorporated Areas of Los Angeles County, Glendale and Inglewood.
3. What You Need to Know
Update:Los Angeles County- Does not require that you serve the tenant a notice by certified mail return receipt.
1. A new 3 Day Notice to Pay Rent or Quit
2. Tenants Refuse to Give Their Names After a Foreclosure
3. Prejudgment Claimants Delaying Eviction Cases
4. Tenants Displaying Signs in Their Windows
5. How to Terminate a Section 8 Tenancy
6. Service/Comfort Animals
7. Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
1. Free Attorneys Appointed For Tenants.
2. Request For Jury Trials In Tenant Eviction Cases.
3. New Language In A 3 Day Pay Or Quit Notice
4. Canceling Section 8 Contracts In LA Rent Control
5. Rents Determine The Value Of The Property.
Hear my interview with Arif Halaby of Total Financial Solutions. This was was broadcasted on KRLA Radio "The Answer"
Dennis Block appearing on the "Total Financial Solutions" on KRLA 870 AM Radio with host Arif Halaby.
1. Rent Control Spreading
2. Vacancy Decontrol
3. Malcontent Tenants
4. Nuisance Tenants
5. Evidence Required For A Nuisance Eviction
6. Shriver Project-Free Attorney Requesting Jury Trials
7. Settling Eviction Cases
8. Sealing Eviction Records
9 Unauthorized Persons
10. Monetary Awards In Eviction Actions
11. Smoking Marijuana On The Premises
Hear the actual seminar by Attorney Dennis Block at the Long Beach Convention Center. This was sponsored the Apartment Owners Association on May 15, 2018
Rent Control is spreading. What landlords should do now to protect themselves. Do not get caught unprepared.
1. Costa Hawkins Saved!
2. Separate Parking Agreement.
3. Removing Amenities Equal Lower Rent.
4. Storing Items in the Common Areas.
5. Evicting Tenants for Partial Payment of Rent.
6. Rent Control Strategies.